Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate development of our therapies. The Scientist position will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings. The applicant will be tasked with their own project area and will assist with virus creation and running assays. The role reports to the CSO of Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting, completing and updating milestones related to main project.
- Development of assays, techniques, and procedures.
- Performing tissue dissection, collection, and processing
- Conducting tissue and sample analysis (ELISA, western blot, RT-qPCR, etc.)
- Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
- Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
- Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
- Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clearly communicating progress.
Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering, bioengineering or related field required. At least five years of mammalian cell culture experience (splitting cells, transfection, etc), basic cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience required. Graduate school counts toward years of experience.
2+ years of postdoc experience preferred. Experience working with AAV. Experience with next gen sequence preparation. Experience with library creation and barcoding. Computation experience: analyzing next gen sequencing results and basic machine learning techniques. Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish project goals. Excellent molecular biology and microbiology skills. Experience with flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and microscopy. Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols. Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.
If interested email with a resume and cover letter. We are located in San Diego, California.