Did you know American pet owners spend $25B a year on veterinary care, and that a typical veterinary surgical procedure costs several thousand dollars? Scratchpay makes it easier than ever before to get financial help with an unexpected veterinary bill! Pet owners can visit scratchpay.com on their smartphone, fill out a 90-second application, and get approved for a payment plan instantly.
Recently named the #1 start-up in the veterinary industry (!), Scratchpay is eager to add a Manager of Partnerships and Business Development to our team to help revolutionize the way pet owners pay for veterinary care!
This role will report directly into Scratchpay's Chief Operating Officer, and is an opportunity for high-paced growth (both professionally and personally).
If you are interested in making a direct impact in one of America's top start-up companies and helping hundreds of thousands of pets in need, we urge you to apply!
You have an understanding of business and quantitative analysis, a strong interest in financial technology, and a passion for the well-being of America’s furry critters! Using your analytical prowess and business experience, you’ll be an integral team member helping drive the analysis, strategy, innovation, implementation and reporting needs for a significant segment of the revenue department of a quickly growing business. You’ll not only create new processes, products, business partnerships, integrations, complex financial analysis and business models, you will also drive revenue (and potentially manage a team). This position provides an opportunity for an invaluable experience with significant responsibility, as you will work directly with the leaders of a dynamic and fast-growing venture-backed business.
Your responsibilities include:
- Talking with veterinarians face-to-face (~3 days a month) about Scratchpay, and how we can partner to make pet owners' difficult decisions less difficult.
- Playing a key role in expanding our nationwide coverage (i.e. adding new clinic partners throughout the U.S.)
- Identifying and implementing initiatives to increase clinic productivity, and drive top-line revenue.
- Supporting the business and the executive team with ongoing reporting and analysis of KPIs, metrics, and measures.
- Help identify risks and opportunities, root causes of plan/forecast deviations, forecast updates, and deliver ongoing ad hoc analysis and clear recommendations around existing or new business initiatives as required.
- Support automation efforts and process improvement initiatives, partnering closely with Engineering, Product, and Marketing.
- Preparing weekly updates for the executive team on key initiatives
Requirements for the role include:
- 2+ years of relevant consulting experience (e.g. strategy consulting, corporate finance, strategic planning, etc.) and/or 2+ years of operational experience (ideally including P&L exposure, product launches, revenue targets, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and desire to solve hard problems
- Energetic, helpful and optimistic attitude
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and desire to learn