About Scratch Financial Inc.
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup, based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to help more pets get medical care by providing smart and simple payment solutions to pet families. While in the veterinarian office, a pet owner can visit Scratchpay’s website from their phone, fill out a simple application, and get approved for a payment plan for their veterinary bill within seconds. After launching our beta product mid 2016, Scratchpay is now the United States' largest provider of payment plans for veterinary care! We place a high degree of importance on team dynamics and have a transparent and open organization. We are a team of ambitious people who are passionate about our common goal and our respective areas of responsibility. We deliver fast, continuously iterate, and encourage rapid response to change.
Recently awarded the #1 start-up in the veterinary industry(!), Scratchpay is eager to add members to our team to help us continue revolutionizing the way pet owners pay for veterinary care! If you are interested in making a direct impact in one of America's top start-up companies we urge you to apply!
About the position
Scratchpay is going international! Since its launch in 2016, Scratchpay has expanded rapidly across the United States and is now offered in 49 states and the District of Columbia. Scratchpay now seeks to add Canada to its growing footprint.
This role will require a leader with strong skills in the areas of project management, financial analysis, and operations. The Country Manager will need to oversee and coordinate all aspects of this initiative:
- Regulatory relations
- Key vendor relationships, including banking and payment processing
- Technology development
- Digital and print marketing, including the web site
- Strategic partnerships
- Sales and business development
- Financial analysis
While Scratchpay is new to Canada, we enjoy strong relationships with leading companies in the veterinary industry that will give us a strong platform for growth.
How to know if you are a good fit?
If you like developing new products and building businesses, this role provides a unique opportunity to introduce an innovative solution to a new market and manage all aspects of the growth of a new business.
If you enjoy solving complex problems, working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, clients, and business partners, this could be the right opportunity for you.
If you enjoy working in a less structured environment where you may need to “get your hands dirty” from time to time, this could be the right opportunity for you.
You need to:
- Have empathy; Understanding the position of others is critical to be able to navigate through communication, mitigation and the culture
- Be thoroughly independent; yet know when to raise a point or ask for a clarification or escalate a potential issue
- Be able to communicate; Not necessarily in terms of quantity but much more importantly in terms of quality
- Know your stuff; While no one is perfect, everyone can learn more. You need to be humble enough to see where you need to improve and curious / hard working enough to actually fix your weaknesses.
- Take constructive criticism; It's important to always be able to ask yourself "What if I'm wrong?". You may not, but not challenging your thinking is unhealthy. We do that a lot @Scratch.
- 4+ years of work experience in a dynamic business setting
- Project management experience, particularly managing complex technology-based projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial analysis
- MBA or comparable education/experience
- Nice to have: financial services and/or fin tech experience, corporate finance experience