About the position
This role will report directly into Scratchpay's Chief Operating Officer. You will be responsible for enabling customers to realize maximum value and benefit from using Scratchpay (the Customer Success portion of the role), and ensuring customers can efficiently troubleshoot specific issues and get answers to questions that may be impeding their use of Scratchpay (the Customer Support portion of the role). We believe it is important that this role focuses on Customer Success and Customer Support in tandem so that we remain focused on customer outcomes; focusing on outcomes enables us to deliver more value, and create longer term relationships.
Success will be measured by effective management of customer experience (NPS), customer engagement, payback rates, revenue retention/expansion, adoption, and various efficiency metrics. Operationally, success is focussed on tracking business performance, analysis of trends, process optimization, and business forecasting. Strategic deliverables will include segmentation, growth strategy, strategic planning, and efficiency.
What You'll Do:
- Provide direct leadership to the Manager of Customer Success and Support, and oversee, analyze and help direct the performance of experienced agents that report to the team’s Manager.
- Develop and implement scalable processes and integrated systems for the department, providing a means for highly effective KPI/driver performance measurement, reporting and accurate forecasting.
- Create KPIs and a reporting package that tracks the performance of the Customer Success and Support team; establish a reporting and KPI review cadence that you will lead.
- Analyze data to identify the highest value drivers to increase customer happiness, subsequently presenting findings and recommendations to Scratchpay’s leadership. Help lead the architecture, implementation and project management of recommendations.
- Guide operational issues as they surface; propose changes to systems/processes/business alignment to fix root causes.
- Serve as a thought leader in Customer Success and Support by keeping up to speed on the latest best practices and available tools, and proactively identifying, developing and driving the forward-looking strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Partnerships, Credit Risk, Technology and other key business units to ensure alignment of Customer Success and Support’s strategy and direction.
- Manage multiple high-value projects, ensuring that deliverables are on time and of the highest quality; bolster organizational alignment by identifying all relevant stakeholders, documenting requirements, and conducting robust user acceptance tests.
- 2+ years of relevant consulting experience (e.g. strategy consulting, operations consulting, strategic planning, etc.), and 2+ years of operational experience (ideally including P&L exposure, process optimization, product launches, change management, etc.).
- Successful results in previous business impact through performance and metrics management.
- Stellar collaboration, ability to think creatively and desire to solve hard problems.
- Energetic, helpful and optimistic attitude.
- Flexibility, and ability to adjust on the fly, to new demands; a high sense of urgency.
- A desire to work in a high growth and results-oriented team environment.
- Proven experience leading a customer service team, with direct involvement supporting CS strategy, organizational design, and performance management is preferred.
- Experience using customer management systems like like Zendesk and Pipedrive is preferred.
How to know if you are a good fit?
If you like developing new processes, products and growing businesses, this role provides a unique opportunity to introduce innovative solutions to millions of people and tens of thousands of businesses.
If you enjoy solving complex problems, working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders including colleagues, clients, and business partners, this could be the right opportunity for you.
You need to:
- Have empathy; understanding the position of others is critical to the success of the role, both in terms of managing the team and solving customer issues.
- Be thoroughly independent; yet know when to raise a point or ask for a clarification or escalate a potential issue
- Be able to communicate; Not necessarily in terms of quantity but more importantly in terms of quality.
- Know your stuff; While no one is perfect, everyone can learn more. You need to be humble enough to see where you need to improve and curious / hard working enough to actually fix your weaknesses.
- Take constructive criticism; It's important to always be able to ask yourself "What if I'm wrong?". You may not be wrong, but challenging your thinking is healthy. We do that a lot @Scratchpay.
About Scratch Financial Inc.
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup, based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple. While in the veterinarian office, a pet owner can visit Scratchpay’s website from their phone, fill out a simple application, and get approved for a payment plan for their bill within seconds. After launching our beta product mid 2016, Scratchpay is now the largest provider of payment plans for veterinary care in the U.S.! We are a team of ambitious people who are passionate about our common goal. We deliver fast, continuously iterate, and encourage rapid response to change.
Recently awarded the #1 start-up in the veterinary industry(!), Scratchpay is eager to add members to our team to help us continue revolutionizing the way pet owners pay for veterinary care. If you are interested in making a direct impact in one of America's top start-up companies we urge you to apply!
At Scratchpay, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.