Who are we?
Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup, based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to help more pets get medical care by providing smart and simple payment solutions to pet families. While in the veterinarian office, a pet owner can visit Scratchpay’s website from their phone, fill out a simple application, and get approved for a payment plan for their veterinary bill within seconds. After launching our beta product mid 2016, Scratchpay is now the United States' largest provider of payment plans for veterinary care! We place a high degree of importance on team dynamics and have a transparent and open organization. We are a team of ambitious people who are passionate about our common goal and our respective areas of responsibility. We deliver fast, continuously iterate, and encourage rapid response to change.
Recently awarded the #1 start-up in the veterinary industry, Scratchpay is eager to add members to our team to help us continue revolutionizing the way pet owners pay for veterinary care! If you are interested in making a direct impact in one of America's top start-up companies and feel the below description resonates with you, we urge you to apply.
More about the specific role:
Scratchpay provides its service to multi-site hospital locations, large University hospitals and ER clinics, and veterinary consolidators. Often, due to these entities’ size and scale, they have unique needs outside of our general support for a normal hospital. Your main role is to partner with these larger accounts to understand their needs, provide specialized roll-outs and trainings of Scratchpay, and serve as a day-to-day contact for the management teams of each of these entities.
In addition, you’d be the leader in answering the questions and executing on the answers:
- How can we best onboard and training larger hospital groups?
- How do we provide the right continual support, and identify when we have gaps in our support flow process?
- What materials work best to help all of our clinics help promote Scratchpay, and how do we ensure they are activating or using the materials?
We are also looking to support our existing independent clinics on their continual usage of Scratchpay. This will be answering the question and executing on the answer for the question: “What is the right way to keep Scratchpay top-of-mind with each hospital?”
Some qualifications include:
1 - 3 years of account executive, account management, or other role with high client service orientation
Strong verbal / written communication skills (we’re looking for a holistic communicator who can communicate equally effectively through email, phone, in-person and webinar sessions)
Project management - in this role, it will be crucial to hit deadlines for promised deliverables to our clients, so the ability to scope a timeline, take thorough notes on deliverable requirements, and follow-through on execution of the deliverables with various teams is a must.
Strong PPT creation and storytelling skills a must
Bonus qualifications: experience in veterinary / animal health, UX development, or FinTech
Below are a few questions we think about when evaluating if someone will be successful as a Scratchpayer:
- Are you an empathetic listener / creator? We develop our key initiatives based on the design thinking process, and value those who can put themselves in the shoes of others to create the right solutions through thoughtful research, questioning, or listening.
- Can you work independently and thoroughly, but know when to raise important questions to the team? Being able to work independently is crucial for success, but you will sometimes think of questions or points relevant to other teams; knowing when to raise these questions and points is a must.
- Are you a strong communicator? We value those who can concisely relay the most relevant information to the right team members and those who can easily switch between high-level and low-level communication.
- Are you willing to give and receive feedback in a constructive way? We continually challenge each other to improve through timely and constructive feedback, and we are looking for those who believe feedback is a gift.