At Rejuvenate Bio, we aspire to treat aging and age related diseases of animals and humans. We are a spinout from George Church's lab at Harvard Medical School and the Wyss Institute, and our goal is to treat pets with targeted gene therapies directed at curing specific disease states associated with old age that also have the potential to extend overall health and maximal lifespan
Duties & Responsibilities :
Rejuvenate Bio is looking for a highly-motivated individual to join our energetic team and accelerate the development of our therapies. The research assistant position will directly support efforts to drive forward our future commercial offerings working with other RA's and scientists. The applicant will be performing standard molecular biology procedures as well as more advanced cell culture and virus creation. The role reports to senior or principal scientists at Rejuvenate Bio.
Responsibilities will include:
● Following laboratory protocols and safety regulations.
● Performing standard cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, gateway, golden gate)
● Performing basic and advanced cell culture on a variety of cell lines
● Conducting ex vivo tissue and cell analysis (ELISA, western blot, RT-qPCR, etc.)
● Executing experiments, independently and in conjunction with a small team in support of research studies
● Helping with AAV and Lenti -virus production
● Learning assay development techniques and procedures.
● Performing related laboratory maintenance; such as ordering supplies, managing inventory, and documenting laboratory conditions.
● Performing detailed and accurate documentation of all experiments and laboratory practices.
● Ensuring maintenance of industry-quality records to provide documentation
● Accountable for on-time, high quality results and clear communication with supervisor
College background in biology, biochemistry, microbiology, biomedical engineering or related field required. At least one year of cell culture experience (splitting cells, transfection, etc), basic cloning techniques (restriction enzyme, gibson, golden gate, or gateway) or related experience required. Education may count toward years of experience.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Experience with flow cytometry, ELISAs, PCR, and microscopy. Experience with in vitro analytical techniques to assess the cell viability of tissue constructs. Experience working with AAV. Willingness to work outside of his/her discipline to accomplish project goals. Proven ability to draft and implement lab protocols. Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment. Strong work ethic, communication skills and goal-oriented personality.
If interested please email with a resume and cover letter. We are located in San Diego California.