Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup, based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to help more pets get medical care by providing smart and simple payment solutions to pet families. We place a high degree of importance on team dynamics and have a transparent and open organization. We are a team of ambitious people who are passionate about our common goal and our respective areas of responsibility. We deliver fast, continuously iterate, and encourage rapid response to change.
Awarded the #1 start-up in the veterinary industry, Scratchpay is eager to add members to our team to help us continue revolutionizing the way pet owners pay for veterinary care! If you are interested in making a direct impact in one of America's top start-up companies and feel the below description resonates with you, we urge you to apply.
About the position:
The Accounting Associate position at Scratchpay is not expected to have a great deal of knowledge about accounting coming into the role. Rather, we are looking for hardworking individuals who have an interest in accounting, analysis and finance. This position requires attention to detail, ability to adapt to change, and a desire to work in a fast paced environment. Through your work, you will be helping pets and pet owners across the U.S. and Canada.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in some complex reconciliations
- Complete month-end assignments in an accurate and timely manner
- Assist in compiling monthly and quarterly reporting
- Help manage banking relationships
- Analyze and compare facts and figures, using logic to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- up to 1 year of basic accounting experience
- Understanding of (or strong interest in) finance, accounting principles and practices, and banking
- Be skilled and thorough researcher
- Be able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Be data and logic driven, as well as result oriented
- Be a good communicator
- Strong Microsoft Excel (Google Sheets) skills are a must
This job is for you if you recognize yourself in this:
- I am a good mind
- I am detail-oriented
- I like to solve puzzles
- I can think for myself
- I always observe and reflect on how to do better tomorrow
- I am always respectful
- I ask questions when needed
- I can understand the boundaries but have a lot of fun within them
- I take my work seriously and strive to never let down people
- I work hard because I want to do the best that I can right now, and strive for self improvement
- I embrace giving and receiving feedback
- I have a desire to make those around me successful
- I like animals
More about the team and the role:
- We are a team of dedicated, hard working, friendly individuals. Everyone is striving towards excellence (mediocrity isn't our cup of tea), but we always work hard to help those that are willing to get there!
- We move fast, sometimes break things with measure, and value getting things right (learning) over being right (never making a mistake)
- We strive to give constructive feedback, and make each other better
- We challenge and motivate each other
- We are open-minded and we care for each other
- Everything goes fast and the ultimate goal is to move the business fast. There can be disconnects in communication at times. We all need to navigate through this and push whenever it is critical to do so.
- Like any startup, it can be a mess some days. You also will likely have to do things that aren't in your scope sometimes. That’s part of the fun though, right?