Scratchpay’s Manager, People will play a critical role in growing and evolving the company. They will oversee the Human Resources function at Scratchpay including Talent Acquisition, Office Operations, and Performance Management. This role will partner with department leads and managers, and drive continuous improvement across people processes and systems. Reporting to the CEO, the Director, People will lead the design and implementation of Scratchpay’s people infrastructure and strategies in alignment with business objectives, as well as federal and state laws. This position requires a strong leader who can act as a senior consultant to the business while building a strong and agile team.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Maintain, build and lead a high-performing HR client facing team that works effectively with Scratchpay executives, managers, and employees across all departments.
- In consultation with business leaders, develop and implement organizational strategy and structures, as well as people programs, in support of Scratchpay’s business strategy.
- Provide sound counsel, leadership and influence to management with respect to employee relations matters, including EEO law and company policies and practices.
- Oversee the Talent Acquisition function to champion the overall candidate experience.
- Develop and run a comprehensive talent management and compensation strategy, including deploying a performance management process and system.
- Assess and define Scratchpay’s leadership & organizational development philosophy in partnership with department leads.
- Develop company guidelines, policies and procedures currently within the US, but later outside of the US; Develop and implement HR policies for business travelers.
- Lead process improvement efforts, continuously evaluating for efficiencies, compliance gaps or policy conflicts and drive projects to mitigate those risks.
- Lead and oversee benefits programs, including health & wellness, 401(k), and other HR operations.
- Provide ongoing analysis and reporting of organizational health by analyzing trends in employee engagement/satisfaction, retention, etc.
- Oversee day-to-day office operations, including leading the internal employee communications and employee engagement events.
- Manage the HR, Talent Acquisition and Operation budgets and continuously identify opportunities for improvements.
- Responsible for mentoring, coaching, and leading a team of approximately 2-3 employees/contractors.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP Certification, GPHR a plus
- 6+ years of HR-related work experience, 3+ years in a people manager position
- Deep knowledge of Human Resources practices, wage and hour laws, and general employment practices for California
- Strong coaching, development and people manager skills
- Strong executive presence, as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to consult with and influence senior leaders
- Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Previous global HR experience recommended
Why Work at Scratchpay?
Scratchpay is the fastest growing provider of financing and payment plans for pet owners. Scratchpay’s simple and transparent payment plans allow pet owners to quickly and easily access the veterinary care they need for their beloved furry family members, often in life-and-death situations. Now offered in all 50 states and Canada, Scratchpay is changing the way that pet owners pay for veterinary care.
Additionally, Scratchpay is the only financing company that provides 1% of net revenue to help pets in need.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% covered medical
- Generous Parental Leave
- Unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Competitive Salaries
- Catered weekly lunch
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Scratchpay is an equal opportunity employer
*Recruiting firms that submit resumes to Scratchpay without first entering into a written contract will not be entitled to any compensation on candidates referred by that firm.