Code Ocean is looking for a Head of Solutions Science who has a deep interest in collaborative computational research.
This is a central position in Code Ocean. You will work closely with the product team, R&D, Customer Success, Marketing and provide our sales organization with presales guidance and support, contributing towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers and having a major impact on our product development strategy.
About Code Ocean
Code Ocean is shaping the future of computational research.
Our mission is to make computational research an open, connected community that together drives faster, more collaborative, higher quality discoveries. We’re a passionate group of people who care about advancing computational research and science.
What you’ll be doing
- Become an expert in the features, benefits, and application of Code Ocean
- Lead the strategy for best practices according to the latest computational research industry developments
- Along with Product marketing, shape the process of communicating the value of Code Ocean throughout the sales cycle, from demo to proof of concept to implementation
- Provide technical leadership in cross-functional teams to research prospects’ needs and new product directions
- Assist prospects through the tools evaluation and selection process
- Along with the Customer Success team, design user training.
- Immerse yourself in the computational research industry, maintaining a deep understanding of market trends as well as competitive and complementary products and vendors and how to position Code Ocean in relation to them
- Collaborate with Product Management and Customer Success to continuously improve Code Ocean’s product, design, and desired customizations
Our ideal candidate
- You have a researcher’s mindset, with at least a Masters’s degree in computational biology, computational chemistry, statistics, or related fields. A Ph.D. or experience in genomics research is a plus
- You have at least 5 years of experience with computational research, data analysis, informatics, or DevOps tools
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a technical sales role, a product role, or as a team lead
- You have 2 years of experience at a pharma or a biotech company
- You have the ability to lead processes and cross-functional teams ventures
- You are equally comfortable in a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences
- You have outstanding presentation and communication skills, you love working on a team. You feel comfortable improvising and enjoy initiating non-defined projects
Not sure if you fit this description?
We are always looking for great talent and pride ourselves on being open-minded. We would love to hear from you.