At findhelp, we’ve built a comprehensive platform of products and services that make it easy for you to connect people to resources, follow them on their journey, and track your impact in a fast and reliable way. Our industry-leading social care network includes more than half a million local, state, and national programs that serve every ZIP Code in the country, from rural areas to major metropolitan centers.
Findhelp is headquartered in Austin, Texas and has been enabling healthcare, government, education, and other organizations to connect people with the social care resources that serve them, with privacy and security, since 2010.
As a mission driven organization, we are focused on creating a positive impact by connecting people in need to the programs that serve them with dignity and ease. Powered by our proprietary technology that enables people to find the resources available in their area, we have helped millions of Seekers find food, health, housing and employment programs.
We are seeking an executive level, highly motivated and experienced State Director to join our team and oversee government, commercial, and partnership strategy in Pennsylvania. The State Director will be responsible for implementing a statewide platform, maintaining and expanding relationships with key government clients and commercial clients, developing strategic account plans, and identifying new business opportunities to grow adoption and impact of findhelp’s network and platform offerings.
- Our work in Pennsylvania will include supporting the implementation of a SDOH platform. This is a collaborative effort between the Health Information Organizations (HIOs), multiple state agencies, counties, and local nonprofits and community organizations, health care, and social services providers. This interactive online platform will serve as a care coordination system for providers including, health care and social services organizations and a closed-loop referral system that will report on the outcomes of the referrals. It will also serve as an access point to search and obtain meaningful information to help Pennsylvanians find and access the services they need to achieve overall well-being and improve health outcomes.
- Once implemented, anyone in Pennsylvania will be able to access this tool from their personal computers, tablets, and mobile devices to find information about services and resources, and self-refer to participating agencies. This platform will also allow service providers to assess an individual’s needs during a physician’s office or emergency department visit, when receiving case management services, or seeking assistance from a community-based organization, among others. The tool will also gather data that can help the commonwealth and its partners better understand the needs of Pennsylvanians and identify service gaps across the state. By looking at critical social determinants of health, including employment, childcare, transportation, food security, access to health care, and housing stability, commonwealth agencies and partners at the county and local level can help the people we serve achieve better long-term health outcomes and maximize the impact of health care dollars.
- Individuals, service providers, government agencies, caregivers, educational institutions, faith-based groups, and advocates will be able to use this tool to help navigate the system of resources, and work together to reduce duplication of services as well as the time it takes for individuals to receive much-needed services.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and grow existing relationships with government clients, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and retention including maintaining close relationships with senior leadership within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, particularly the PA Department of Human Services;
- Oversee the implementation of complex projects that include software and services;
- Coordinate with external stakeholders and internal team including project managers to identify and address risks and opportunities impacting the success of the project implementation;
- Develop and expand communication strategies that will foster collaboration with project stakeholder, including: health information organizations (HIOs), state agencies, managed care organizations (MCOs), community-based organizations (CBOs); health systems, faith-based organizations; local governments; advisory groups; legislators; and consumers;
- Develop and implement strategic account plans to expand business with key customers;
- Monitor and analyze market trends, competition, and regulatory changes to stay informed of industry developments and adjust account strategies accordingly;
- Attend industry conferences, events, and trade shows to represent the company and promote our products and services; and
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to findhelp employees that support government business.
- Must reside or be willing to relocate to the state of PA, preferably within proximity to the City of Harrisburg;
- Experience working with organizations addressing social determinants of health (SDOH) and the complex systems PA has in place to address them, for example, food security networks, coordinated entry systems for homeless individuals, employment services, and transportation;
- Knowledge of health information organizations and privacy regulations;
- Ability to establish inter-sector collaborations and serve as a liaison to facilitate communication between these sectors and manage complex relationships;
- Demonstrated senior level experience working in a state agency and/or working with state agency senior leadership with these departments as clients,
- Knowledge of Medicaid managed care structures and health systems in PA, including Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs);
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with clients at all levels;
- Understanding of the concepts of health equity and the health impacts of social disparities;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify business opportunities and recommend solutions;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership, and
- Willingness to travel up to 25% as needed.
Perks at findhelp
•401k & stock options
•Free food and onsite gym at our Austin HQ
•Paid parental leave
•Competitive PTO & 10 paid holidays
•Health, dental, and vision insurance
•Pet-friendly office with attached dog park at our Austin HQ
•24/7 access to telemedicine and counseling
•Book Purchasing Program
We’re building a diverse, inclusive team
You’re welcome here. We want everyone to be able to easily connect to the help they need, and we want our teams to reflect and represent our communities. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all Company policies, without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin or ancestry, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, creed, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable laws. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Here are some of the ways we support our staff:
•Leadership Development Training
•Paid Volunteering Time